On Tuesday, March 12 NFVB held a recruiting Seminar for club members – Below are the documents that we referenced.
College Recruiting Seminar for Parents and Players – Agenda
NCAA Recruiting Seminar Cheat Sheet – Includes Glossary of terms, Recruiting rules and Player Standards.
The Recruiting process for NFVB players - Includes synopsis, Recruiting Timeline, NCAA Eligibility Center.
NFVB RECRUITING SEMINAR - A comprehensive document to help with timelines and questions.
Other info and links can be found by scrolling to the bottom of this page. Write down some questions after taking some time to look at all the material.
If you need to speak with someone regarding the recruiting process, contact Rocco Lucci or fill out a comment card and drop it in the box outside the NFVB office.
Serious About Playing in College??? So are we…
NFVB has a proud tradition and commitment to provide our athletes with a solid platform to achieve their dreams to become college volleyball players.
NFVB has alumni who have played college volleyball at the Division I, II, III, NAIA and Junior College levels across the nation.
This section of our website is a tool to provide NFVB players and parents a resource in their steps to become the next tier of players to represent NFVB and Western New York on the collegiate stage..
To prepare our members for college we have implemented our College Bound program.
Our program has been designed to provide players and parents with the necessary skills to find an institution which will best fit their needs. The information below should be gathered by athletes to use as reference points throughout their search.
List all the attributes you would like in a College
o Degrees offered
o Size of Enrollment
o Price of Tuition, Room and Board
List all the attributes you would like in an athletic Program
o Coaching Staff
o Level of competition (Conference/Division)
o Roster Size and Age make up
In completing the above attributes a search can now begin. Having a realistic goal of what level you can play in college is very important. Finding a level suited to you as a player/person is vital in your decision making.
There are numerous websites containing statistics and figures for College Athletes. In reality to play at the highest level you are competing with thousands of other players. In the table below we can see that there are thousands of colleges with volleyball programs, however with that we must remember each school on average will recruit about 3-8 players annually, meaning there are thousands of roster spots available each year.
The next step in college recruiting process is the contact. Once you have initiated communication with a college coach, you can begin asking questions either on a visit or via e-mail/Phone calls.
About the College
- What is the campus like?
- How large is the school, what is the undergraduate enrollment?
- What are the strongest degree programs offered, and which are the best academic departments?
- What degree programs are popular with current volleyball players?
- Do most students live on campus or in off-campus apartments?
- What is the student housing like?
- Do the members of the volleyball team room together?
- Can freshman have vehicles?
- What resources and library services are available to students?
- Does the athletic program provide Tutors for student athletes
About the College Volleyball Program and the Team
- In what division does the school play? (NCAA I, II or III, NAIA, NJCAA)
- In what conference is the team?
- What important non-conference teams are scheduled?
- Can you provide a schedule for next fall?
- What was the team’s conference and overall record this year?
- How many players will there be on the roster next year?
- How many will travel with the team?
- What training happens between seasons?
- What is the pre-season schedule?
- What is the practice schedule after school starts?
- Including meetings, training, travel, and matches, how much time is required?
- What facilities and staff are available to take care of injuries and rehab?
- What is the style of play you want to see?
- What are your goals for the team?
What does the program need?
- How many seniors are graduating?
- Are there red shirt players returning?
- How much playing time should I expect as a freshman?
- How many other players are playing that position?
- How many other players have committed or are you recruiting?
- Where would I play if I was on the team today?
The next step . . .
- Where am I on your list for players you need?
- Where have you seen me play?
- Which tournaments will you be attending?
- Do you have our high school team’s schedule for this fall and our club’s for the winter and spring?
- Have you talked with my coaches?
- Do you have a copy of my playing resume and references?
- What’s the next step? What should I do? Do you see me as a serious possibility?
NCAA / NAIA / NJCAA Links
NCAA Recruiting Information
This site contains general recruiting information including recruiting definitions and recruiting calendars for NCAA College-Bound athletes.
Recruiting Information Websites
NCAA Volleyball Statistics
See where the top players rank in all statistical categories – kills, digs, etc.
Volleyball Player Characteristics
This site lists player characteristics common to each level(Div I, II or III) of college volleyball.
This site offers a wealth of information to the player and parent regarding the recruiting process.
This site lists what recruiting tasks should be performed and in what year of high school they should be done.
Volleyball Recruiting Guide
This site is an excellent guide for familiarizing with the recruiting process
Another site with lots of valuable information regarding the recruiting process
VolleyballRecruites.net is an online recruiting tool endorsed by USA Volleyball as The Offical Recruiting Tool of USA Volleyball. VolleyballRecruites.net members maintain an online player profile and use a Built In Messaging System to contact the college programs they are interested in. Every college program in the country is a registered user of VolleyballRecruites.net , so there is no need to go searching for email and mailing addresses anymore. In a nutshell a VolleyballRecruites.net recruiting package gets you recruited!
This is a free recruiting website that offers a wealth of information to the player and parent regarding the recruiting process. It also allows a player to enter a player profile into their database for college coaches to search.
Rich Kern Recruiting Registry
This is a free recruiting website that offers a wealth of information to the player and parent regarding the recruiting process. It also allows a player to enter a player profile into their database for college coaches to search. You can also find a listing of colleges with volleyball positions looking to be filled.
This athletic recruiting site allows the athlete to create a free player profile. With the free player profile comes access to a recruiting management system where the athlete can search for colleges, view college coach requests for players and access valuable recruiting information.